07 Sep How Noble Dental Can Help Sleepless Snorers
Healthy teeth, healthy gums and also…healthy sleep! When it comes to oral health care, patients turn to their Center City Philadelphia Dentists at Noble Dental for guidance, and many learn that a visit to the great dentists at Noble Dental can also help improve their sleep.
At Noble Dental, conveniently located in Center City Philadelphia, we are well-trained and are able to offer oral appliances for sleep apnea patients as an effective alternative to the standard continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine and mask.
Oral appliance therapy uses a mouth guard-like device worn only during sleep to maintain an open, unobstructed airway by supporting the jaw in a forward position. Many medical insurance plans, including Medicare, cover oral appliances. First, a physician must diagnose you with obstructive sleep apnea and prescribe oral appliance therapy for you. Then, the great dentists at Noble Dental will work with you to select the best oral appliance for your needs.
Many patients prefer oral appliance therapy as a solution for living with sleep apnea. It provides them much improved sleep and offers the following benefits:
- Comfort – It can be hard to sleep with a CPAP machine and bulky mask. Patients often like oral appliances because they are comfortable and easier to wear, especially for those who change positions during sleep or snuggle their bed partner.
- Quiet – A CPAP machine may silence the snoring, but its constantly running motor might not help you or your bed partner sleep more soundly. Oral appliance therapy is a silent option that can minimize the symptoms of sleep apnea, such as loud snoring, without making a peep of its own.
- Easy Travel – It can be difficult to travel with a bulky CPAP machine. A compact, lightweight oral appliance can help lessen your load.
- Low-maintenance – It is super easy to care for an oral appliance. Just a toothbrush cleaning with mild soap will keep your appliance germ-free.
- Effective Treatment– Research shows that oral appliance therapy is an effective alternative to CPAP. When patients consistently wear their oral appliance, they wake up each morning feeling refreshed.
If you have more questions about or interested in oral appliance therapy for you or a loved one, the nice dentists at Noble Dental would love to answer your questions and help you sleep well again!